How to Replace Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter
While a Whirlpool refrigerator’s water filter can provide clean, fresh drinking water, it doesn’t last forever. How do you know the filter needs replacing? A foul smell or taste of filtered water can be a common sign of knowing the time to replace your filter. Learn how to change Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filters with easy-to-follow steps, how often these filters should be changed, and how to troubleshoot all the problems.
Do you Need to Change your Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter?
Changing the water filter is one of the only ways to ensure clean, fresh, and healthy drinking water. With the passage of time, the particles and harmful contaminants that the filter screens-out will choke the filter, making it unable to do its job. It means that these impurities and harmful contaminants don’t get filtered and remain in your drinking water.
Here’s how to tell when a Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter needs replacing:
- Refrigerator water tastes bad or foul
- Filtered water has a unique smell
- Water pressure decreases when water is dispensed
How Often Should You Replace Your Whirlpool Water Filter?
Changing the filter within 3 to 6 months should prevent bad-tasting water or pressure issues. However, how often to change whirlpool refrigerator water filters also depends on their flow rate and how frequently it’s used. Constant usage may require more frequent changes.
Step by step Solutions for Replacing your Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter
Replacing a refrigerator’s water filter is a common step in refrigerator maintenance. After ordering a Whirlpool water filter replacement from Swift Green Filters, follow these steps.
- Locate the water filter: most whirlpool filters are located in the upper right-hand corner of the interior or behind the base grille.
- Open the compartment or cover: To open the compartment, lift the compartment door up or pull it down. To release the filter there may be an eject button in the base grille filter.
- Remove the old filter: Depending on the filter model you are using, twist it counterclockwise or pull it straight out.
- Insert the new filter cartridge: if the filter has O-rings, remove the protective cover but make sure the rings remain in place. Make sure any arrows or grooves are correctly aligned.
- Lock in place: Some of the whirlpool filters are twisted clockwise until gets secured, while others are pushed until they are locked in place.
- Close any compartment doors: ensure they’re snapped into place to keep the water filter secure and free of debris.
Here is the list of our most selling replacements for Whirlpool refrigerator water filters. If you use any of the following refrigerator water filters and want to replace your whirlpool water filter, follow the links to order the best compatible water filter for your fridge.
2255518, 4396508, 4396510, 6508, L400, L500, LC400, WF-NLC240V, WHKF-R-PLUS, 2255518, WF-NLC240V, 9915, L200, 4396710, 4396841, W10186667, T1RFKB1
Here we have explained all the steps in a pretty simple way. If you still have any problem replacing your whirlpool refrigerator water filter, please feel free to contact Swift Green Filters for any consultation.